Doha, 19 August 2020
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, Akbar Al Baker, said: “Since the onset of the pandemic Qatar Airways network has never fallen below 30 destinations with continuous services to five continents. He said that Qatar Airways has lead the industry in offering passengers more choices and greater flexibility so they can plan and book travel with confidence. We have also implemented the most advanced safety and hygiene measures onboard including becoming the first airline to require passengers to wear face shields in addition to face coverings, he added.
Al Baker said that “With our investment in one of the youngest, most fuel-efficient long haul fleets, strategic network management and the Best Airport in the Middle East, we have been able to quickly and effectively rebuild our network to more than 550 weekly flights to over 85 destinations across six continents. He assured that as the global recovery continues, Qatar Airways will remain focused on its fundamental mission of carrying passengers across the globe safely and reliably.”
The airline’s continuous operations throughout the pandemic and its variety of fuel-efficient efficient aircraft has also enabled it to rapidly increase frequencies, offering passengers more flexible travel options to many destinations including:
- Ankara (increasing to daily from 1 September)*
- Cebu (increased to daily from 12 August)
- Clark (increased to six-weekly from 12 August)
- Dhaka (increasing to five-weekly from 23 August)
- Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore (increased to double daily from 10 August)
- Istanbul SAW (increasing to 11 weekly from 20 Aug then triple daily from 1 September)*
- Jakarta (increased to double daily from 17 August)
- Kuala Lumpur (increased to double daily from 17 August)
- Los Angeles (increased to daily from 12 August)
- New York JFK (increasing to double daily from 1 September)
According to the latest IATA data, Qatar Airways has become the largest international carrier between April to June by fulfilling its mission of taking people home. This enabled the airline to accumulate unrivalled experience in carrying passengers safely and reliably and uniquely positioned the airline to effectively rebuild its network. The carrier has stringently implemented the most advanced safety and hygiene measures on board its aircraft and in Hamad International Airport.